Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pinterest Fail: The Bouffant Bun

Hair tutorial pins are always hit or miss. If you have ever seen the Hair Bow or the No Heat Curls pictures, you know what I am talking about.

I have had success with some of the braided updos I've found through Pinterest. I used one to do my hair for God of Carnage earlier this year.

So, when I came across The Bouffant Bun (see the tutorial here), I thought, "How hard could this be?" Here is what it is supposed to look like:


I love the height on the top and the poufiness of the bun. I decided to give it a shot yesterday while I had some time to play around with my hair. Yeah...so...here's how mine turned out:


I'm thinking I might need to practice a bit before I get even close to wearing this style in public. Also, I might need to purchase a teasing comb and give my hair some extra oomph before I pull it back. In any case, I'm calling this a Pinterest "Fail" for now, but it may be revisited soon and come out as a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment