Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Boring Grocery Shopping Post for August

I am using this post as a way to keep track of what I buy and what I make out of those groceries. I will not be insulted if you skip right past this, since it is about as exciting as shopping at Wal-Mart. OK, there aren't as many bad life choices being made, but you get the idea.

I spent around $180 on the following groceries.

Produce:

  • Celery
  • Carrots
  • Russet Potatoes
  • Yellow Onions
  • Pink Lady Apples
  • Peaches
  • Lemons
  • Lemon Juice
  • Lime Juice
Meat / Fish:
  • Ground Beef
  • Ground Turkey
  • Chicken Thighs
  • Chicken Leg Quarters
  • Pork Shoulder Picnic Roast
  • Italian Sausage
  • Bacon
  • Ground Sausage
  • Salmon
  • Shrimp
Dairy:
  • Colby Jack Cheese
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Sour Cream
  • Butter
  • Vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • Milk
  • Eggs
  • Unsalted Butter
  • Crescent Rolls
  • OJ Concentrate
Canned / Other:
  • Flour Tortillas
  • Hickory Smoked Spam (don't judge)
  • Tortilla Chips
  • Diced Tomatoes
  • Whole Tomatoes
  • Tomato Sauce
  • Tomato Paste
  • Sliced Pineapple
  • Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • Sugar
  • All-Purpose Flour
I am going to try to make these groceries, plus the things that are already in our pantry, last for a month. I know this is doable, we will just have to pay attention to the portions we are eating. And I fully expect to buy milk and eggs about halfway through the month. Other than that, I see a lot of "trasheroles" and "trash pizzas" in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment