Sunday, January 27, 2013

Heading Into Week Two

We have made it through our first full week of Paleo. I don't want to talk about yesterday...

Actually, I do. I'm just going to put this out there now. I am trying to follow this plan as closely as possible. I am using the eating plan outlined in Practical Paleo and I'm sticking to it for the most part. The thing is, I'm not home all that much because of theatre commitments, and work commitments, and choir commitments, and, well, just having a life outside of my house. I did pretty well this week, waking up early enough each day to pack my breakfast, lunch, and sometimes, dinner. I ate out on Friday for lunch, but only because the girls at work took me for my birthday, and I managed to stay practically Paleo throughout the meal. I remembered to bring my coffee and water bottle each morning. It was a good week, at least in my opinion.

Yesterday, though, was a different kind of day. I had a going away party to arrange and attend for a very dear friend, and Murphy had the monthly Cowboy Action Shooting match. Neither one of us came even close to being Paleo yesterday. I ate cake. And Greek yogurt dip. And cheese that was in the two amazing hot dips that were brought to the party. Murphy ate a Philly Cheesesteak and drank a Cheerwine after the match, at the traditional celebration meal. I may have eaten 4 or possibly 10 cherry sours.

But you know what? It didn't upset me. And it didn't get me down. In the past when I have done other diets or eating plans, one day of "bad" or "forbidden" eating turned into me falling completely off of the plan. Well, not this time.

I'm spending this morning figuring out our cooking plan for the next week. Looking over the recipes, it is going to be a very tasty week, but there is a lot of cooking involved. Murphy has been a big help, making sure to cook what is on the list if I'm not home. I am so thankful that he is committed to this, too.

Some of the food I am looking forward to this week: Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs, Pesto Shrimp and Squash Fettuccine (with pasta made from zucchini!), Rainbow Red Cabbage Salad, and Orange Braised Beef Shanks.

I'm hoping to start adding some pictures to this blog, since I think the visual is just as important as the description. Need to get my Picasa updated so I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment