Saturday, February 2, 2013

Made it through another week...

We are heading into week 3. This past week was not as hard as I imagined it would be, but I did have a few moments where all I wanted to do was eat everything that I'm not supposed to.

Take Tuesday, for example. I got up, packed my lunch, and began the drive to work. Halfway there I realized my perfectly packed lunchbag was sitting on the counter. D'oh! Luckily, I had an avocado at work that I had brought in the day before, so that was my mid-morning meal. I went to Zaxby's for lunch and got a grilled salad, no cheese, no fried onions, and no toast. (!!!)

To truly understand the significance of this, I need to explain my obsession with Zaxby's toast. I don't know what they put on it, but holy Toledo, I could probably eat an entire loaf of the stuff for a meal. Plus, being the paragon of healthy eating that I am, I generally dip it in ranch dressing. There have been days where I ordered a salad just to get that toast. Seriously.

So, yes, no toast with my salad, thankyouverymuch! And to be honest, I only kind of missed having it.

I also broke down and had a Five Guys burger on Friday. Do you want to know a secret? If you order a burger from Five Guys, but you don't get cheese, or mayonnaise, or grilled mushrooms, AND you don't eat the bun? It's really just a sad little dried up hamburger patty. All this time, I thought I loved their burgers, but it turns out I was just in it for the toppings.

I am learning so much about myself on this eating plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment