Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Kingdom for a Food Processor

We have made it through Week 3 and...well...I just don't have much to say about it. I have been eating a lot of avocados and chicken, with salad and salmon added to the mix. I didn't cook much last Sunday because I had a choir concert and didn't really have time.

This week, though, I went grocery shopping and did some cooking. And the more recipes I try out, the more I realize: I have got to save up for a nice food processor.

I made Cilantro Cauli-Rice tonight. And it is GOOD. Like, "that's all I want to eat for dinner" good. But it was a lot of work, shredding the cauliflower using a box grater. What I wouldn't give for the food processor attachment for my Cuisinart mixer.

Aside from the Paleo cooking, I am also experimenting with variations of apple clafouti. Last week, I made a version using diced apples:



This week, I tried a version with sliced apples. My brain was totally not in it while I was making ith, though...forgot to add the melted butter to the batter until I had already put the plate in the oven. So I pulled it back out and swirled the butter in. Here is the result:


The consistency is completely different from the last one - not nearly as firm. I'm not sure if that is because of the butter mishap or the apples being sliced or if it is the recipe I used this week. No matter the cause, the flavor is good, more like a bread pudding that clafouti. We will see how my castmates react tomorrow.

The clafouti experiments are courtesy of my role in an upcoming production of God of Carnage at Kaleidoscope Theatre. This is SO not on any of the eating plans in Practical Paleo so I am trying to refrain from taste-testing too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment