Sunday, June 16, 2013

It's Been One Week

Things I have done since becoming unemployed last Monday:

  • Spent time with my best friend while she is in town.
  • Made a list of cheap meals to cook at home.
  • Cried. A lot.
  • Laughed. Even more.
  • Posted entirely too many status updates.
  • Read entirely too many status updates.
  • Pressure washed part of the house.
  • Gone to bed early.
  • Stayed up late.
  • Slept in until at least 7:00 a.m. each morning.
  • Yelled at my mom (sorry, Mom!)
  • Put myself on restriction when it comes to spending money.
  • Leaned on Murphy, physically and mentally.
  • Made waffles on the heart-shaped waffle iron.
  • Resolved to write more, which means blogging every day.
  • Conducted my first Publicity Committee meeting as chairperson.
  • Realized how lucky I am to have the family and friends I have.
It has been an interesting week. On Friday, I actually spent about 30 minutes debating in my head as to whether it was actually Thursday. Not having to get up and take a shower and get dressed; not having to be somewhere at the same time every day; not having to look at my Outlook calendar for appointments and meetings...yeah, not having to do those things has totally thrown me off.

But. BUT! While I might not always be sure of what day of the week it is, there is something I am sure of - this is a good thing. This is the chance for me to really figure out what I should be doing with my life. I'm too old to have a Quarter Life Crisis (unless advances in modern medicine raise the average age of death to 120+), and I'm too young to take the first thing that comes along.

All I can say is, it's not going to be OK - it is going to be better than OK. I am going to be better than OK. Stay tuned - it's about to get fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment